Welcome to Falcon Heights, the City that Soars! Located just ten minutes from both downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis, we are the home of the Minnesota State Fair, with over a million visitors a year, and the University of Minnesota St. Paul Campus, whose wide open agriculture fields give our community a rural feel in the heart of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Information for new residents can be found in our New Resident Guide! You can download it or stop by the City Hall for a copy.
Renters make up about 45% of Falcon Heights total population. Whether a person rents an apartment or a home, they are essential members in our community. The City Council and Commission, Mayor, City Staff are working together with the community members to ensure that all renters feel welcome.
If you live in a single family home, tenants or property owner/manager are responsible for plowing the sidewalks. If you live in an apartment, the property owner or manager is responsible for plowing the parking lot and sidewalks. The City is not responsible for Larpenteur Avenue sidewalks.
The owner is responsible for pulling permits for the property. They are also responsible for plumbing, mechanical, electrical and building maintenance.
- Free legal advice for any renter provided by HOME Line: (612) 728-5767
- Free legal services for income-qualifying renters from Legal Aid: (612) 334-5970
- Search for affordable housing through HousingLink: (612) 522-2500
- Dispute Resolution Center (DRC) at 651-292 - 7791
- Minnesota Attorney General’s consumer line at 651-296 - 3353,
Roseville Alzheimer's & Dementia Community Action Team: Members of the Roseville community formed an alliance to work to improve conditions for Roseville individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia (A/D) and their unpaid caregivers
Northeast Youth and Family Services: Mental health and social service agency serving people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in the northeastern suburban and Twin Cities area.
Roseville Area Senior Program: From navigating finances and participating in a fitness class to protecting yourself from scams and finding support as a caregiver, we have a class, activity, service or program just for you.
Como Park/Falcon Heights Living at Home Block Nurse Program: Help seniors stay healthy and independent in the home they love, providing free exercise and wellness classes, transportation to medical and dental appointments, friendly visitors, support groups, house work and more.
Lyngblomsten: Senior Housing, Healthcare & Services: Services for seniors including 5-5-1 club and cafe community center, and home health service and wellness.
Depending on where you live, you are covered by one of these block nurse program, which brings health care professionals and volunteers caregivers to care for residents aged 65 and older.
- Como Park/Falcon Heights Living at Home Block Nurse Program
- St. Anthony Park Area Seniors
- Roseville Area Senior Program
Falcon Heights is covered by several agencies who offer free or reduced-fare rides to seniors.
- St. Anthony Park Area Seniors
- Roseville Area Senior Program
- Metro Mobility: 651-602-1120
- American Red Cross: 651-291-6790
- Falcon Heights Town Square Senior Apartment
- 1666 Coffman
- Lyngblomsten: Senior Housing, Healthcare & Services
- The Hendrickson
If you live on Tatum, Lindig, Prior, Maple Court, University Grove, and Falcon Woods and need a parking permit, please complete the Resident Parking Permit form.
Residential parking permits exempt you from the one or two-hour parking during weekday hours. They do not exempt you from other parking regulations detailed in the City Code (Section 46-27). The vehicle you permit must be registered to your address.
To renew your residential parking permit(s) for 2020, you may follow one of the steps:
- Complete the Online Form, email staff a copy of your ID.
- Mail the form, payment, and photocopy of ID to City Hall
- Email the form and photocopy of ID to firstname.lastname@example.org, and staff will contact you for payment
- In person at Falcon Heights City Hall, Monday – Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM
- 2020 Resident Parking Form
- Photocopy of ID with current address. We also accept sign lease (needs to be current), utility bill, credit card bill, insurance statement or similar bill with the name and address matching the name
- Payment (check, cash or card)
Falcon Heights has two election precincts.
- If you live West of Snelling Ave, you will vote at City Hall, 2077 Larpenteur Ave. W.
- If you live East of Snelling Ave, you will vote at Falcon Heights United Church of Christ, 1795 Holton St
Election Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 from 7am-8pm
You can no longer vote absentee at Falcon Heights City Hall. Absentee voting is being handled by Ramsey County.
If you want to request an Absentee Ballot, please visit the Minnesota Secretary of State
Early voting is done in-person. Voters must complete their ballot at Ramsey County Elections office. You can also vote at any county wide early voting location. For locations, please visit Ramsey County website.
Ramsey County Elections Office
90 Plato Blvd W # 160, St Paul, MN 55107
To view your sample ballot, please visit Minnesota Secretary of State
City Code Sec. 14-102. Identification.All solicitors and peddlers must wear some type of identification conspicuously showing their name and the organization for which they are soliciting or peddling, must carry their city issued license certificate when conducting the business or activity required to be licensed under this chapter, and must wear or display on their outermost clothing the certificate of licensure provided by the city.
Non-profit organizations are still required to apply for the Solicitors, Peddlers, Transient Merchants License.
If they do not have a city issued license, please notify city hall immediately at 651-792-7600
No Solicitation Signs
The City of Falcon Heights have designed a sign that can be used by any homeowner to indicate that they do not wished to have their privacy disturbed by Solicitors, Peddlers, and Transient Merchants.
Signs can be displayed on the entrance door, window or anywhere that is visible to see.
Sign holders receiving unwanted Solicitors, Peddlers, and Transient Merchants, must file a complaint to the city hall immediately.