About the Public Works Department
The Public Works maintenance facility is located at 2077 W. Larpenteur Ave. (connected to City Hall). This facility houses the streets, sewer, utilities, and park divisions.
More information about these divisions can be found below.
Ramsey County is planning to reconstruct Cleveland Avenue from Como Avenue to Larpenteur Avenue beginning in 2021.
Click here for more information.
Falcon Heights rights-of-way include most residential streets and all alleys.
Snelling Avenue is Minnesota State Highway under the jurisdiction of the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The following streets are under Ramsey County jurisdiction:
- Larpenteur Avenue
- Cleveland Avenue
- Fairview Avenue
- Hamline Avenue (north of Larpenteur)
- Fulham Avenue (north of Larpenteur)
Local streets and alleys are swept in the spring around mid-April and again in mid-November after most of the leaves have fallen.
Streets are sealcoated about every four years to assure maintenance.
Seasonal Load Limits
Please check MNDoT's website for current restrictions.
- Sewer service is provided by the City of Falcon Heights.
- Sewer maintenance includes "jetting" the sewer lines in sections of the city each year.
- For an emergency back-up call 651-792-7600 during City Hall open hours or 911 (Ramsey County Dispatch) when City Hall is closed. We will come out and determine if the city portion of the system is clear. If your sewer backs up only after you have run water, the problem is probably in your system, and you will have to call a plumber. If your sewer continually backs up, the problem may be in the city portion of the sewer system.
Water Service is provided by the St. Paul Regional Water Service. Please contact them directly.
St. Paul Regional Water Services contact numbers
- Customer Service (7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.): 651-266-6350
- Dispatch/Emergency: 651-266-6868 - 24 hours a day
- Billing Questions: 651-266-6350
- Water and sewer charges are billed together.
- Engineering/Plumbing Inspections (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.): 651-266-6270
- Permits, service installations, lead replacement, plan reviews
- Water Quality/Laboratory (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.): 651-266-1635
- Electricity and Gas are provided by Xcel Energy 1-800-895-4999
- Report power outages to Xcel at 1-800-895-1999
- Report gas leaks or odor issues at 1-800-895-2999
- Garbage Collection is the responsibility of each property owner. Minnesota state law requires every property owner to provide for garbage collection.
- Property owners contract for collection, which must be done on Fridays by a Falcon Heights licensed hauler.
- More information on garbage collection in Falcon Heights
Stormwater runoff is a serious environmental issue. Every property owner shares the responsibility for minimizing runoff and preventing pollution.
Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Permit Application
Storm Sewer Utility and Illicit Discharge (City Code Chapter 50)
Stormwater Management (City Code Chapter 107)
Trees are annually checked for disease and removed if necessary. The City annually contracts for tree trimming in designated areas of the City. For any care of trees located in the boulevard or near the street, contact City Hall. In November 2009, with confirmation of emerald ash borer on the University of Minnesota campus, the City Council voted for preemptive removal and replacement of boulevard ash trees. The City was awarded a Minnesota Department of Agriculture grant to help remove ash trees from boulevards and parks.
The City of Falcon Heights currently contracts with an outside forester for all tree situations. The forester's hours are based on demand for service and request. If you have a tree question for public or private property, contact City Hall.
Trees on Private Property
Any tree care on private property must be completed by a contractor that is licensed by the City. A list of licensed tree contractors may be found below.