All City facility use/rentals have been cancelled until further notice.  Information about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak.

Do I need a permit?

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

You need to get a Building Permit for construction work on your home:

  • Any alteration to the main building
  • Garage construction or alteration
  • Roofing
  • Siding
  • Windows and doors
  • Sheds
  • Decks/porches/patios
  • Insulation
  • Draintile
  • Fire alarm or sprinkler system
  • Solar PV system

The following projects require a zoning permit:

  • Fences
  • Driveway alterations
  • Signs

You don't need a permit for:

  • Painting
  • New kitchen cabinets
  • Carpeting
  • Hardwood floors
  • Landscaping

If in doubt, call City Hall, 651-792-7600.