- Posted Date:01/22/2020
Falcon Heights relies on a paid-on-call fire department.
The work is very rewarding — you can see first hand what you have accomplished, and people are very grateful for your service. Although the Falcon Heights Fire Department is not a full-time department, you will be trained as a professional, and you will work as a professional. Fires do not recognize the difference between full-time and paid-per-call firefighters.
Remember, the Falcon Heights Fire Department also serves the City of Lauderdale. Residents of Lauderdale and people who work in Lauderdale are welcome to apply!
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Pass a physical exam (paid for by the department).
- Live/work in the City of Falcon Heights or Lauderdale.
- Live or work within ten-minute driving radius of the station.
- If you do not meet these requirements, your application will still be reviewed by the department.
- City-provided PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), clothing, uniforms, and pager.
- 120 hours of basic firefighting training, and 45 hours of First Responder training, paid for by the city.
- Eligibility for worker’s compensation.
- Membership in the Firefighters Relief Association, and up to a 20-year service pension upon reaching 50 years of age depending on years of service.